The Council & Subcommittees
Kentucky has created an Employment First Council. The Council carries out the Executive Order and has 31 members. Council members are people with disabilities, family members, employers, and agency representatives.
The role of the Council is to:
- Identify state policies that prevent workplaces from employing people with disabilities
- Provide guidance to change those policies
- Create training and resources
- Recommend practices that increase employment
- Assess progress of these efforts
- Provide an annual report to the Governor on progress toward these goals.
Council subcommittees include:
- Employer Education & Engagement
- Provider Capacity
Future Meeting Dates
Future Meeting Dates:
- April 9, 2021
- July 9, 2021
- October 8, 2021
- January 14, 2022
- April 8, 2022
All meetings are 1:00–3:00PM EST. Please contact Katie Wolf Whaley at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about attending.
Products created by subcommittees of the Council can be found here.
2020 – 2022 Council Members:
|Council Member||Email address|
|Katie Wolf Whaleyemail@example.com|